On Feb. 11, 2012 the Mayor will host the One City Summit. D.C. residents are invited and encouraged to attend.
According to the Mayor's office the summit will give resident the opportunity to have their voices heard by:
- Voting on specific priorities for action in the coming year;
- Brainstorming new ideas about how the D.C. government can work more effectively with its citizens;
- Identifying ways residents can be more involved in future efforts to create a more unified city that works for everyone;
- Learning about current efforts to grow the District’s economy, improve public education, create more jobs, and other initiatives underway to move D.C. forward;
- Discussing some of the biggest challenges that prevent the District from truly becoming “One City”; and
- Sharing their views in small-group discussions and listening to neighbors from every part of the District.
To register visit http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5874/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=46349
or call (202) 709-5132.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about what's on the horizon for the city.